Monday 4 December 2017

#BookReview The One by John Marrs @johnmarrs1 @EburyPublishing @Marablaise

The One by John Marrs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How far would you go to find THE ONE?

One simple mouth swab is all it takes.

One tiny DNA test to find your perfect partner - the one you're genetically made for.

A decade after scientists discover everyone has a gene they share with just one person, millions have taken the test, desperate to find true love.

Now, five more people take the test. But even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking - and deadlier - than others...

A psychological thriller with a difference, this is a truly unique novel which is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.

**********

The One is a book that I've been sitting on for a while now, but I ended up listening to the audio version instead since I just love listening to thrillers. And, WOW, what a book. This is a book that centers around five different people, they have all taken the Match test and found their true love partner. And, then they lived happily ever after. No, this is a thriller so it's not that simple. Instead, does this test actually give a lot more problems for the people in this book. Yes, I'm being deliberately vague and that's because this is the kind of book that the reader preferably shouldn't know much about when it comes to the different people's stories.

Now the book is labeled a psychological thriller, and yes I agree with it. However, it's so much more than that. Some stories really pull at one's heart-strings. And, there are even funny moments. However, the heart of the story lies in the fact that you may have found your soulmate, but this perfect match can change your life totally, and in some way, it can even be deadly.

The One thrilled me, surprised me and in the end, it stole my heart. I found the idea of the book refreshingly new and I loved all the different life stories.

2 comments: