Sunday 4 June 2017

#BookReview Be My Killer by Richard Jay Parker (@Bookwalter) @bookouture

Be My Killer by Richard Jay Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You set the trap. Now you can’t escape.

When an online prank goes viral and triggers a spate of gruesome murders, documentary maker Hazel Salter watches in horror. But then Hazel’s childhood friend, Meredith Hickman, is the next victim and Hazel knows she has to find out what happened to her.

Is it one killer or more? Random acts of violence, or part of a bigger, twisted plan?

The police have no leads, but Hazel has a theory – one she’ll stop at nothing to prove – and she also has a film crew. She’ll make a documentary, catch the killer, and give Meredith justice.

Her stage is the abandoned amusement park where Meredith was found.

Her cast are the family and friends the killer left behind.

And her crew? They keep disappearing, one by one…


**********

Holy shit, this is what a call a thriller. To be honest, did it feel like a slasher horror movie in a book format. You know the one with a group of people travel to a remote place and get killed off one by one. It's an old and used format. But, it sure never gets boring. And, Richard Jay Parker has written a damn good book!

The idea for this book, people tweeting #BeMyKiller and how they wanna get killed and then they are killed is a fabulous modern kind of book plot. The BIG questions are; who is the killer? Or is it more than one killer and why is "he/they" killing off people? Also, how many in the documentary team will live?

Be My Killer is a great thriller, and if you're a thriller/horror fan will you love this book. I did think the end could have been a bit better, sure it was a bit of a surprise, but I part of me wanted a more shocking explanation. A truly WOW kind of ending. Yes, I know, I'm picky and hard to please. Other than that so did I find the book to be great, and there are some really, really awful gruesome killing scenes that even I found really disturbing.

One thing for sure, this is not the last book by Richard Jay Parker I'm going to read!

Btw I love the cover for the book, it's so gorgeous!


I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment